Sunday 16 March 2014

Review: Destined (Wings #4)

Title: Destined (Wings #4)
Author: Aprilynne Pike
Publisher: Harper Collins
Genres: Fantasy, YA, Paranormal, Romance.
Where Acquired: Amazon
Buy at Amazon Here
- Best Book Price: £2.88 Kindle Price: £3.59 (as of when posted)

UK Cover: 
12015268
There are 2 spectacular covers for this novel from elsewhere, and i can't decide between them, so i will post them both for you.
A Cover From Elsewhere (German):
19101467
(Polish):
13597216
Goodreads Description:

Laurel lived happily as an ordinary girl - until she discovered that she was a faerie.

Since then her heart has been divided between the magic realm of Avalon and the human world. Between the boys she loves the most; caring David and wild Tamani. But now a powerful enemy threatens Avalon and unless the faerie world can win out, there may be no choices left...

Laurel faces the fight of her life to save everything and everyone she loves in this spell-binding faerie tale of magic and mystery, romance and danger.


My Review: 
This is one of those series that i will remember forever. I was captivated from the start and finished the book in record time just to it's enchanting hold. The characters grew so much and i loved how the majority of the novel was set in Avalon (I would love to go there! one of the best book worlds in my opinion.) The battle against the trolls was immense and well described and the climax of the war with Klea's interference was spectacular. Klea is one very intelligent Villain, preferring tactics to brute strength, and this is what make her such an interesting character. I was entranced with Yuki's role in the war and her attraction to Tamani made me furious! *SPOILER ALERT* I am so so so so so so glad Tamani ended up with Laurel as i have been team Tamani from the start, i was prepared to pick up the peaces and take him for myself if Laurel rejected him though :P The conclusion of the series was well developed and finished perfectly (unlike some novels i have reviewed on here, namely wolves of mercy falls and under the dome) with a nice conclusion to tell you how everyone got on after a heartfelt author's note. I have never really been a big fan of David but that letter Aprilynne placed at the end was pure heart wrenching. This is one of the best series i have ever read, i honestly can't find a fault with this final book. i don't know why i left it so long before buying and reading this novel!
Quotes (lots today as this is one of my favorite series, i tried not to find any that ruin the plot too much though):
“I'm begging you, to come be with me." And she pressed her mouth against his and murmured against his lips. "Forever."

For a few seconds he didn't respond.

Then a groan escaped his throat and he thrust his fingers in her hair, pulling her mouth back to his with a fierce hunger."
 “I've loved you for a long time, ' she said. 'But there was always something holding me back. Maybe it was that I was afraid of an emotion that was so consuming. It still frightens me,' she admitted in a whisper.
Tamani chuckled. 'If it makes you feel any better, it scares the daylights out of me on a regular basis.”
 “Anyone can pluck a flower...true strength is knowing how to give it life.”
 “I think I could have won state today. Apparently, you put a troll on my heels and I turn into a superstar.”

Rating:




Have You Read This Book?
How Did You Find It?
Why Don't You Leave Me A Comment, Or a Link To Your Own Blog?
I Would Love To Hear Your Views!
-The Reading Rose

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home