Tuesday 9 September 2014

Now For Something Different: Guardians of The Galaxy

 
Media Review
-Because Sometimes It's Good To Have Variety

Movie
Title: Guardians of The Galaxy
Release Date: 1st August 2014
Where Seen: Cinema
Genres: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Superhero
Buy Here 
 - Amazon Price: £14.00 (At the time of when I published the post)

Movie Poster:

http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/guardians-promo-shot-guardians-of-the-galaxy-just-can-t-stop-breaking-records.jpeg?width=1920&height=1200 


IMDB Description: 
Light years from Earth, 26 years after being abducted, Peter Quill finds himself the prime target of a manhunt after discovering an orb wanted by Ronan the Accuser.

Starring:
Chris Pratt - Peter Quill
Zoe Saldana - Gamora
Dave Bautista - Drax
Vin Deasel - Groot
Bradley Cooper - Rocket
Director:
James Gunn
Production Company:
Marvel Studios
 

Based On: 
Marvel Comic Books
  
Review:

Not your typical Marvel movie but my faveirte marvel movie to date - and that is saying something from someone who watched every marvel film as it comes out in the cinema. The heroes are not typically heroes, all of them have ulterior motives and dark pasts, not always working for good. However by the end they become heroes that we love! THIS IS THE FUNNIEST MARVEL FILM IN EXISTENCE! Marvel always has the best one liners but this movie steps it up a notch. I was laughing so hard in the first second (After the heart wrenching scene with Peter's mother) and fell instantly in love with it! All of the characters were super but none more than 'Star Lord' and Groot!! I loved some of the easter eggs that I spotted (event though there are many more that I havn't noticed apparently) such as Cosmo and the Nova Corps. The 80s music set the scene perfectly and was so unusual in a movie that It was perfect. All I have left to say is get out there and watch it!! if you haven't done so already!! Even my mum loved it and she is usualy adverse to Marvel!!  
Quotes:
"I am Groot"
"Rocket: (About Drax) Metaphors go over his head" "Drax: NOTHING goes over my head!...My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it."

Overall Rating:



Have You Seen This Film?
How Did You Find It?
Why Don't You Leave Me A Comment, Or a Link To Your Own Blog?
I Would Love To Hear Your Views!
-The Reading Rose

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home