Friday 21 June 2013

Review: I Am Number Four

Title: I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1)
Author: Pittacus Lore
Publisher: Penguin
Genres: Sci-Fi, YA.
Where Acquired: Borrowed from my Dad.
Buy at Amazon Here
- Best Book Price: £2.81 Kindle Price: £3.99 (as of when posted)

UK Cover (Movie Cover):
http://iamnumberfourfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/I-AM-NUMBER-FOUR-MTI-HC-c.jpg

Goodreads Description:
 Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books - but we are real.

Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. We have lived among you without you knowing.

But they know.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.

I am Number Four.

I am next.


My Review: 
I was not over keen on the writing style of this book, it was a quite vague and there was little in the way of description. It was also slow to start and dragged on a little and the writing style made the action scenes a little hard to picture. 
However the plot was brilliant, I really enjoyed it and the characters were very likeable. I can't wait to hear more about the different legacies and I loved, loved, loved Bernie Kosar he was adorable!
I really liked Henri too and his death was devastating!
John could annoy me at points however, especially when he selfishly put everything, and the fate of his whole planet on hold for a girl, but i did understand his need for a little normalcy in his life. 
I liked Six, she was feisty and smart and to be honest I would have liked to have see more of her; but, lucky for me the next book is called 'The power of six' so hopefully we shall see more of her in the sequel!


Quotes:
“When you have lost hope, you have lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope.”
“I am an alien, I have extraordinary powers, with more to come, and I can do things that no human would dream of, but I still look like a fool.”
Rating:
****


Have You Read This Book?
How Did You Find It?
Why Don't You Leave Me A Comment, Or a Link To Your Own Blog?
Would Love To Hear Your Views!
-The Reading Rose

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home