Tuesday 18 March 2014

Author Interview: Cat Patrick

Author: Cat Patrick

Author Picture:
 http://novelnovice.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/cat-patrick.jpg

3 Other Books By Author: Revived, The Originals, Just Like Fate

Book In Question: Forgotten

Book Cover:
 10118459

My Rating:


Goodreads Description:
With the intrigue of "Memento" and the romance of "The Time-Traveller's Wife", "Forgotten" is the perfect YA novel.

Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.


Interview:


1.What inspired you to write Forgotten?

I was doing something in my kitchen and I forgot what I was doing--my daughters were five months old at the time so I was sleep deprived. I thought of amnesia, and how awful it would be. Then I considered what would happen if you remembered forward instead of backward...the idea for FORGOTTEN was born.


2. Have you got any other books planned for the future?

Yes, tons! My next book, REVIVED, comes out May 2012. It's about a girl who's part of a top secret government trial to test a drug that brings you back from the dead. I hope to come out with a new book every spring from now until my fingers don't work anymore. :)


3. What was your favorite part of Forgotten and why?

I love the cemetery scene--it gives me chills every time I read it. I just love that revelation: the moment when everything clicks for London.


4. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

That's incredibly difficult! I love to laugh, so maybe Ellen Degeneres. I also have a strange obsession with Alan Rickman, so maybe him. He's pretty funny.


5. Who was your Favorite Character in Forgotten and why?
London, because I spent the most time with her, but I love all of them.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note From Me: I conducted this interview through email in 2011 for my book review column in my school newsletter, but i thought i would post it up here too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home