Wednesday 24 June 2015

Top Ten Favourite Top Ten Subjects

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/2014/04/top-ten-gateway-booksauthors-in-our.html
This is a weekly Meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish Where Fellow Book Bloggers Share Their Top Ten of The Given Subject.

Top Ten Favourite Top Ten Subjects

Today's top ten Tuesday is apparently in honour of TTT's fifth Birthday.
Happy Birthday Top Ten Tuesday!

http://bestclipartblog.com/clipart-pics/birthday-cake-clip-art-3.jpg
   


 Top Three Taster:

1. Myrnin
Morganville Vampires
 http://morganvilletexas.com/index/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Underground-Myrnin.jpg
“Myrnin turned away to pick up his Ben Franklin spectacles, balanced them on his nose, and looked over them to say,
"Don't do drugs. I feel I ought to say that.”
 
2. Damon Salvator
The Vampire Diaries
http://ajshadowcat.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/tvddamonemotionsnotext.jpg

"I didn’t say you were supposed to be okay with it, I just said I’m not sorry. But you know what I really am? Selfish, because I make bad choices that hurt you. Yes, I would rather have died than be human. I’d rather die right now than spend a handful of years with you, only to lose you when I’m too old and sick and miserable and you’re still you. I’d rather die right now than spend my last final years remembering how good I had it and how happy I was, because that’s who I am, Elena, and I’m not gonna change. And there’s no apology in the world that encompasses all the reasons that I’m wrong for you."

 3. Otto Malpense H.I.V.E
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/211/a/6/otto_malpense_by_black_angel_kitteh-d425es1.png 


   







"We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Oh, and a megalomaniacal headmaster, the world's deadliest assassin, giant mutated plant monsters, an international cartel of supervillains, and the security forces of every country on earth, but other than that... just fear."



 Top Three Taster:

1. I have no idea how to use the common blogging sites Netgallery and Bloglovin. Even though I have an account, I have no idea what it is for let alone how to use it.

2. I have been blogging for a year and I still don't have a clue how to make my design look more professional. I am still discovering new things every day such as InLinkz.

3. Sometimes I still get upset over the lack of comments on my actual reviews. Maybe one day will I get into the big blogging world!



 Top Three Taster:

1. Percy Jackson From Percy Jackson and The Olympians/Heroes of Olympus He is the son of a sea god... not only can we escape easily, if we wanted to stay on the island a while he could find water anywhere and catch a fish just by thinking about it!
2. Artemis Fowl From Artemis Fowl He is a genius, and seems like a great friend once you get to know him. He can help me form plans to get free of the island or if things get really bad we can use some of his plentiful money to burn and keep us warm.
3. Claire Danvers From Morganville Vampires As well as being very clever and great at making things work (she can design us traps and water systems and stuff) she seems like a great person and is around my age so we can be best friends. And another bonus is that if we ever managed to get off the island she could take me to visit Morganville, I'd love to go there but more importantly she can introduce me to Myrnin..... <3 <3


 Top Three Taster:

1. Rachel Caine - 20 books
2. Rick Riordan - 16 books  
3. P.C Cast - 12 books



 Top Three Taster:

 1. Claire Danvers Morganville Vampires https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2295562873/hehe.jpgI like to surround myself with brainy people who put their studies high on their list of important activities like Claire. She is also a lovely girl who would be great to hang around with, there would be a lot I can learn from her and I love her inner strength. She is one of the characters I can relate to the most and from the first time I read about her I just knew we could be best friends! Oh and she can introduce me to Myrnin (hehe)     

2. Hermione Granger Harry Potter http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/gallery/110910-Hermione-5-400.jpgI've always looked up to Hermione as a role model since I was very young (Yes I know she is a book character but it is better than looking up to a self-important celebrity that is made of plastic!) So I would be honored to have her at my table. I think that maybe she would want to sit with me as I tend to be very separate from the popularity rankings in the school and I like to learn as much as she does. Hermione has a lovely personality too and is very loyal, she has some of the best qualities I would look for in a friend.

3.  Otto Malpense H.I.V.E http://static.tumblr.com/o0cepbq/pazme13fo/otto.jpgAgain a clever, underestimated character who I could learn a lot from. I would have a lot of fun having him at the lunch table and he could tell me some brilliant stories and he could teach me some of his villainous tricks!










Top Three Taster:

1. Fury (Elizebeth Miles)
It was a bit boring but I waited to find out the conclusion of the murder mystery so I trudged through it.
2. Under The Dome (Stephen King)
It was veeeeerrrry long and I don't typically enjoy long books. It's beginning made it hard for me to read as it was very slow going but I'm glad I did as it became fantastic!
3. Endure (Carrie Jones)
I didn't want to have to see this series end. Unlike Wolves of Mercy Falls and Divergent it wasn't well known enough to have a sequel and Unlike Maze runner it isn't known enough to get a film. It was so hard to let it go that I put off reading this for over a year.

  

Top Three Taster:

1. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - C. S. Lewis

2. Charlotte's Webb - E. B. White
3. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll



Top Three Taster:

1. Love Triangles  As many of my readers will already know, I detest Love Triangles. You either love someone or you don't. Stringing along two guys is both cruel and cheating so unacceptable. They are just so annoying, the reader can tell straight away who the main character is destined to be with so it's annoying when she doesn't just make up her mind faster and be done with it!  

2. Rushed Romance A Rushed Romance takes away all the fun out of the book and you have nothing more to look forward to then. I get bored easily after the first kiss if it has been rushed and lose interest in the book. 

  3. Pathetic Whimpering Girls and Goody Goody Guys This is the worst! When a girl is a desperate, pathetic, damsel in distress I instantly hate her. I just want to grab her by her hair and shout 'Stand up for yourself girl, you don't need a guy do everything for you!'. And don't get me started on the guys who are so perfect they can't do anything wrong. I like a bad boy, a rebel someone who ACTUALLY HAS FLAWS!



Top Three Taster:

1. I Have to Read Everything In Order If someone (or sometimes accidently myself) buys me a book and I havn't read the ones before it then I will not read it until I have. They even have a special space on my bookshelf.

2. My Books make me antisocialIf someone forces me to stop reading a good book I get very, very, Grumpy. I'm even worse if I was in the middle of a good part. Books also cause me to zone out and stop listinging, not speaking to anyone around me lost in my own world. So I miss things going on around me and look antisocial, doesn't help with making friends much. If I have just finished an incredible Book and have fallen in a Book Coma just before I go out anywhere or have to be social. I don't really speak to anyone and sit there depressed and silent Until I am distracted from the Book's hold on me.  

3. I love a real book but Kindles are just so comfortable... Books have a lovely smell and you can't beat getting lost in paper. But they are so uncomfetable to read if you are laying on your back or in bed. You get achy hands but don't want to stop reading even if it hurts. Kindles are light and soooo comfortable so I love my kindle a little too much...



Top Three Taster:

1. Hermionie Granger Harry Potter
 http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130805030452/degrassi/images/3/32/Who_We_Are_-_Hermione_Granger.gif
2. Annabeth Chase Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus
http://data2.whicdn.com/images/135077084/original.gif
3. Tris Prior Divergent
http://media.giphy.com/media/W0tDnFa3G5NO8/giphy.gif

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 24 June 2015 at 12:53 , Blogger iloveheartlandX said...

Another HIVE fan! I am very happy to have found you! I don't know enough people who are into that series! I didn't do the romance ones, but the three you shared are also problems I have. I did a list of strong female characters a while ago and both Annabeth and Hermione were on there, love them. Great choice of topics!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/06/23/top-ten-tuesday-10/

 
At 25 June 2015 at 06:36 , Blogger danicapage said...

Great post. I loved all of yours. We had several in common when it came to dislike of romance.

I'm a new follower. Follow back if you'd like. :)

Great list! I loved all the ones you listed.

Here's mine

I also have a $30 giveaway going on here."

 
At 3 July 2015 at 01:52 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank You :) So lovely to meet another H.I.V.E fan! Your right, that series really deserved more people reading and noticing it. It is fantastic! I will take a look at your TTT now :) Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 3 July 2015 at 01:53 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! and for following!!! I will check out your blog right now and your TTT :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home