Thursday 3 April 2014

Now For Something Different: City Of Bones

Media Review

-Because Sometimes It's Good To Have Variety


Movie


Title: City Of Bones
Release Date: 21st August 2013
Where Seen: DVD
Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance.
Amazon Price: £7.19 (At the time of when I published the post)

Movie Poster:
 http://axxomovies.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/The-Mortal-Instruments-City-of-Bones-Poster.jpg

IMDB Description:
When her mother disappears, Clary Fray learns that she descends from a line of warriors who protect our world from demons. She joins forces with others like her and heads into a dangerous alternate New York called Downworld.

Starring:
Lily Collins (Clary)
Jamie Campbell Bower (Jace)
Robert Sheehan (Simon)
Johnathan Rhys Meyers (Valentine)
Director: Harald Zwart
Production Company: Constantin Film Production

Based On: The Book Series the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
Click the Numbers to see my review of Books 2 & 3 from this series

Review:
I waited a long time to see this movie as it never came out in my local cinema. It was good; it stuck to the main themes in the book, even though they were reordered. It did however have a few plot lines from the later books therefore taking away from the amounts of suspense that make the books so captivating. However the film was entertaining and action filled, keeping me entertained for the whole time it was on. The casting was incredible with the cast looking very much like the characters described in the book. I do believe however that this film would have been better if I had not read the book first and spend so much time comparing them both.

Quotes:
Isabelle Lightwood: Doesn't she look great, Alec?
Alec Lightwood: She looks like someone whose phone number should be on a bathroom wall.”

Clary Fray: Isn't this the part where you start tearing off pieces of your shirt to bind my wounds?
Jace Wayland: If you wanted me to take off my clothes all you had to do was ask.”

Luke: I'm a werewolf, not a Golden Retriever.”

Rating Compared to Book:

Overall Rating:
 

Have You Seen This Film?
How Did You Find It?
Why Don't You Leave Me A Comment, Or a Link To Your Own Blog?
I Would Love To Hear Your Views!
-The Reading Rose

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4 April 2014 at 01:03 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really loved this movie and I'm a huge fan of the book! I know it didn't do well at the box office when it was first released and that really disappoints me - I've seen a few articles on theories why and it seems to be that the movie was targeted to adults rather than at the YA market that got it off the ground in the first place (think Twilight). I heard that movie 2 was being postponed and I'm really hoping they go ahead with the rest of the books, I think it could be a slow burner, I know loads of people who have only read the books or seen the DVD of this and now they can't wait for the next installment. I will say I had mixed feelings about nearly all of the casting when this first came out, but they definitely grow on you :)

R x

 
At 7 April 2014 at 03:03 , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree, I think they should take the risk and make the next movie, but aim it to a different audience! I'm glad you enjoyed the film too though! most people I know said that they didn't like it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home