Tuesday 22 July 2014

Now For Something Different: Catching Fire

 
Media Review
-Because Sometimes It's Good To Have Variety

Movie
Title: Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2)
Release Date: 22 November 2013
Where Seen: Special Edition DVD
Genres: Dystopian, Adventure, Sci-Fi
Buy Here - Amazon Price: £7.26 (At the time of when I published the post)

Movie Poster:
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013) Poster

IMDB Description: 
Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark become targets of the Capitol after their victory in the 74th Hunger Games sparks a rebellion in the Districts of Panem.

Starring:
- Jennifer Lawrence - Katniss Everdeen
- Josh Hutcherson - Peeta Mellark
- Donald Sutherland - Presedent Snow
- Lenny Kravitz - Cinna
- Stanley Tucci - Ceaser Flickerman
Director:
- Francis Lawrence
Production Company:
- Lionsgate

Based On: 
The Novel: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
 
Review:
I had to wait a long time to see this, I missed it in the cinema due to medical reasons so baught the special edition (with 9-Part documentry) as soon as it was released earlier on in the year. Due to exams and a build up of films to watch, we only got round to watching this last Friday! It was well worth the wait however as it was as extraordinarily good as I expected it to be. It was just as good as the first movie with some added gems of characters such as Finnick and Mags as well as some of our favorites such as Cinna, Katniss and Peeta. The casting is so perfect in the film and the sets are just beautiful. The plot lines were close to the book and engaging to the end and it was nice to see a little more of Panem than just the arena, the capital and District 12. I loved all of the subtle hints that are left in regarding the plot of mokingjay and now I can't wait for November! I love the world of the hunger games and it will always be special to me as it is the first dystopian book I read, the film doing the book justice! I have just watched the trailer for Mokingjay here and it looks so undeniably incredible. One of my favorite film series ever!
 
Rating of the Comparison to the Book: 



There are a couple of things that bugged me in the film such as the of time spent in the arena and Peeta's leg (he was missing one in the book). Another thing missing was the severe Dystopian world building we had in the book through the aid of the Avox.

Quotes:
 Katniss Everdeen: "I just wanted to say that I didn't know Tresh, I only spoke to him once. He could have killed me, but instead he showed me mercy. That's a debt I'll never be able to repay. I did know Rue. She wasn't just my ally, she was my friend. I see her in the flowers that grow in the meadow by my house. I hear her in the Mockingjay song. I see her in my sister Prim. She was too young, too gentle and I couldn't save her. I'm sorry."
President Snow: "Are all of you happy about the capitol? After all we are your gods."
Finnick: "Remember who the true enemy is, Katniss."

Overall Rating:



Have You Seen This Film?
How Did You Find It?
Why Don't You Leave Me A Comment, Or a Link To Your Own Blog?
I Would Love To Hear Your Views!
-The Reading Rose

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home