Tuesday 30 September 2014

Top Ten Books That Were Hard For Me To Read

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/2014/04/top-ten-gateway-booksauthors-in-our.html
This is a weekly Meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish Where Fellow Book Bloggers Share The Top Ten of The Given Subject.

Top Ten Books That Were Hard For Me To Read

1. Fury (Elizebeth Miles)
It was a bit boring but I waited to find out the conclusion of the murder mystery so I trudged through it.

2. Under The Dome (Stephen King)

It was veeeeerrrry long and I don't typically enjoy long books. It's beginning made it hard for me to read as it was very slow going but I'm glad I did as it became fantastic!

3. Endure (Carrie Jones)

I didn't want to have to see this series end. Unlike Wolves of Mercy Falls and Divergent it wasn't well known enough to have a sequel and Unlike Maze runner it isn't known enough to get a film. It was so hard to let it go that I put off reading this for over a year.

4. Jonas (Eden Maguire)

Really badly written and I hated the main character but I wanted to know who killed Jonas so I kept at it.

5. Night World Volume 3 (L.J. Smith)

This book was really hard to read when I had heard rumours of the cliff hanger ending and I knew some people had been waiting for the sequel for over 20 years...

6. Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)

This was hard to read in the physical sense due to the old English writing. I struggled a little but in the end I grew Ok with it and managed to enjoy the book for what it was!

7. Daylighters (Rachel Caine)

This one was hard to read as I just didn't want to let it go! After 15 incredible novels and some of my all time favourite characters, this book was impossible to bring myself round to read. I'm glad I did in the end though as it was worth it and one of the best books in the series.

8. Destined (Aprilynne Pike)

This was hard for exactly the same reasons as Endure was hard to read.

9. The Goddess Test (Amiee Carter)

This was hard to read at first due to her mother dying, I'm very close to my Mum so plot lines like this are hard for me to enjoy, however it turned out her mum was a goddess and didn't die so all is well that ends well.

10. How To Train Your Dragon (Cressida Cowell)

Really hard to read for the sake that I loved the film so much I didn't want to book to disappoint me.... Ooh loving a film more than the book how unconventional of me...

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 30 September 2014 at 04:23 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hated the first part of P&P because of the writing style and the first section was just generally dull. Once that dull bit pasted though I was used to the style and loved it in the end. I wanted to read the How To Train Your Dragon books because I think the movies are some of the best things ever, but I dont think I have heard a good thing about them so I have been putting it off.

Great List :)
My TTT http://wp.me/p3ftwe-xU

 
At 30 September 2014 at 05:10 , Blogger Brandy said...

I'm with you on How to Train Your Dragon! The movie is SO GOOD. Excellent story telling, dialogue, perfect character arcs, fantastic plot, and the book has....none of that.

My TTT

 
At 30 September 2014 at 06:59 , Blogger Veronika @ Wordy and Whimsical said...

Nice list!
I really want to read The Goddes Test, so thanks for reminding me. :)
Aww, I really really loved Pride and Prejudice, fortunately it was easy to get into the story so the writing didn't bother me. I read the first 13 books from the Morganville Vampires series and I can't get myself to continue reading! It's so hard to finally say goodbye to these wonderful characters. :(
My TTT:http://reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/09/top-ten-books-that-were-hard-for-me-to.html

 
At 1 October 2014 at 00:25 , Blogger Unknown said...

I know how you feel!!
and with How to train your dragons the books are Ok but be prepared to be a little dissapointed if you love the movies!

 
At 1 October 2014 at 00:26 , Blogger Unknown said...

It just felt empty didnt it....

 
At 1 October 2014 at 00:28 , Blogger Unknown said...

You should defnatly read the goddess test! it's great!
Im glad you found P&P easy!
You should just push through the pain :P the last few books are amazing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home