Wednesday 1 October 2014

Review: The Killables

Title: The Killables (The Killables #1)
Author: Gemma Malley
Publisher: Hodder & Stroughton
Genres: Sci-Fi, YA, Thriller, Fantasy, Dystopian.
Release Date: March 29th 2012
Pages: 372
Where Acquired: Amazon
Buy at Amazon Here 
- Book Price: £2.80 Kindle Price: £4.49 (as of when posted) 

Cover: 
12355133

Cover From Elsewhere (German):
13091307

Goodreads Description:  
Everyone accepted that people were different physically. But inside? Inside, they were different too. You just had to know how to tell, what to look for. Evil has been eradicated. The City has been established. And citizens may only enter after having the 'evil' part of their brain removed. They are labelled on the System according to how 'good' they are. If they show signs of the evil emerging, they are labelled a K ...But no one knows quite what that means. Only that they disappear, never to be seen again.

Review:
It had been a while since I have read a dystopian novel so I thought I would give this book a go. I'm glad I did as it was entracing from the start. The society is well structured and the plot line is extremly clever with the idea that people have had the evil part of their brain removed. The 'good' characters were all very likable except I was more team Lucas than Raffy (Hate love triangles grr...) I can't really tell you much about this book as the majority of it is filled with twists and turns that I want you to find out for yourself! all I can say is that you should go out buy it and read it for yourself!

Quotes: 

 “Imagination shows an ability to lie, to pretend the world is different than it is.”


Rating: 



Have You Read This Book?
How Did You Find It?
Why Don't You Leave Me A Comment, Or a Link To Your Own Blog?
I Would Love To Hear Your Views!
-The Reading Rose

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home