Wednesday 1 October 2014

Review: The Goddess Test

Title: The Goddess Test (Goddess Test #1)
Author: Aimee Carter
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genres: Fantasy, YA, Romance.
Release Date: April 19th 2011
Pages: 293
Where Acquired: Kindle Store
Buy at Amazon Here 
- Kindle Price: £4.41 (as of when posted) 

Cover: 
9681214

Cover From Elsewhere (English Alternative):
11938582

Goodreads Description:  
Every girl who had taken the test has died.
Now it's Kate's turn.
It's always been just Kate and her mom - and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld - and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.
Kate is sure he's crazy - until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.
If she fails...


Review:
This book reminded me a little of The Selection by Kiera Cass at first but not so much once I got into the plot a little more. Kate's mum dying was one of the most tear inducing moments I have read in a book for a while as I'm personaly very close to my mum I felt her pain a little more. The Romance with Henry was sweet and beautiful with the tests making the book more exciting. This book had me fooled however, even I couldn't work out what the test were until the end and....
SPOILER ALERT!
...When all of Kate's friends, staff and mother walked into the room at the end I was completly shocked as It had fooled me!!
The ending was my faverite part and I can't wait to read the next book when Kate returns back to the Underworld to learn how to become a Goddess!

Quotes: 
“I care," he said in a trembling voice. "I care so much that I do not know how to tell you without it seeming inconsequential compared to how I feel. Even if I am distant at times and seem as if I do not want to be with you, it is only because this scares me, too.”
 “Isn't that what friends do?" It hurt to hear the uncertainty in his voice. "You're my friend Kate, and you're miserable. What could possibly be more important than taking care of you?”

Rating: 



Have You Read This Book?
How Did You Find It?
Why Don't You Leave Me A Comment, Or a Link To Your Own Blog?
I Would Love To Hear Your Views!
-The Reading Rose

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home